A two-in-one hybrid with the active treatment benefits of a serum and the hydrating powers of a moisturizer, this concentrated pressed serum promotes skin health by improving the appearance of mature, photoaged, and dehydrated skin. It uses a patented heparan sulfate analog (HSA) to instantly hydrate and strengthen the skin’s own natural ability to repair itself as well as a duo of complex sugars that aid in promoting the production of collagen and elastin, for firmer, younger-looking skin.
Dermal Contour Pressed Serum
A serum-cream hybrid that helps restore firmness, volume, and elasticity while reinforcing the skin’s youthful contours and decreasing the appearance of deep wrinkles
This variant is currently sold out.
- Product details
- What the science says
- How to use it
- Featured ingredients list
What you should know:Treats these skin concerns:
Ideal for these skin types:
- fine lines and wrinkles
- loss of firmness
- sun damage
alcohol-free, dye-free, fragrance-free, gluten-free, paraben-freeSuitable for these skin tones:Fair Type ILight Type IIMedium Type IIITan Type IVBrown Type VDeep Type VI
Learn more about how we use the Fitzpatrick scale
- Heparan sulfate is a natural sugar found in the body that’s essential for skin health. As we age, our bodies lose their natural stores of it, which leads to increased skin dehydration and inflammation.
- Heparan sulfate analog (HSA) is a stable compound with a lower molecular weight than naturally occurring heparan sulfate, which is too large to penetrate the skin when applied topically. Senté’s patented HSA effectively delivers the active ingredient into the skin where it works to prevent transepidermal water loss and support collagen and elastin fibers.
- Collagen and elastin fibers are what keep your skin firm and tight. Over time, those fibers degrade and production slows down, which can lead to wrinkles and laxity. With the addition of dermatan sulfate analog (DSA) and chondroitin sulfate analog (CSA), the Dermal Contour Pressed Serum helps strengthen and protect those fibers, maintaining the structural integrity of the skin.
- In a clinical study, 79% of subjects showed improvement in skin firmness after 12 weeks of use, while 85% of subjects agreed that their skin’s overall health and appearance had improved within that time frame.
After cleansing and drying your skin, apply one to two pumps to fingertips and smooth onto face, neck, and décolletage. Let serum be fully absorbed before layering on additional skin-care products.RealSelf tips:
Dermal Contour Pressed Serum is formulated for sensitive skin types, but if you have easily irritated skin, you should always do a patch test prior to adding any new product to your regimen. Apply a small amount to the skin on the inside of your wrist or behind your ear and wait 24 hours, to see if an allergic reaction or irritation occurs.
To prevent further photoaging and sun damage, follow application with SPF 30 or higher sun protection. Senté Invisible Shield Full Physical Broad Spectrum SPF 49 Sunscreen is a full physical sunscreen formulated with an advanced antioxidant blend, for solar and environmental protection.
Dermal Contour Pressed Serum’s effects are cumulative, so for best results, continue using the serum morning and evening for at least four weeks—the majority of testers saw increased improvement in skin health and appearance after 12 weeks.
Full ingredients list:
Heparan sulfate analog (HSA): HSA has been shown to promote the formation of healthy skin structure and optimal cell function, for firmer, more elastic, stronger skin. It has also been shown to expand the skin’s ability to hold water, for enhanced hydration and a reduction in transepidermal water loss. This low-molecular-weight variation of heparan sulfate was developed to be easily absorbed into the skin, for maximum penetration.
Dermatan sulfate analog (DSA) & chondroitin sulfate analog (CSA): DSA and CSA help strengthen and protect collagen fibers by tightly packing the fibers together, resulting in a firmer, younger-looking appearance. They’re analogs (aka synthetically derived versions) of complex sugars found within the skin that are essential to maintaining its structural integrity.
Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Olivate, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables, Polyacrylate-13, Heparan Sulfate, Sodium Dermatan Sulfate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Panthenol, Chlorella Sorokiniana Extract, Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, Sodium Glucuronate, Magnesium Sulfate, Palmitoyl Heptapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-52, Sodium Carrageenan, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sea Salt, Hydroxyacetophenone, Polysorbate 20, Polyisobutene, Xanthan Gum, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA.