Using a 0.15% retinol derivative and a suspended-release format, this gentle retinol serum improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone in as little as eight weeks, with minimal risk of irritation. It also features patented heparan sulfate analog (HSA), to help keep skin hydrated and minimize the irritation and dryness usually associated with retinol use.
Bio Complete Serum
A lower-concentration retinol serum that’s gentle enough for those with sensitive skin and first-time retinol users
This variant is currently sold out.
- Product details
- What the science says
- How to use it
- Featured ingredients list
What you should know:Treats these skin concerns:
Ideal for these skin types:
- sun damage
- uneven texture
gluten-free, oil-free, paraben-freeSuitable for these skin tones:Fair Type ILight Type IIMedium Type IIITan Type IVBrown Type VDeep Type VI
Learn more about how we use the Fitzpatrick scale
- Heparan sulfate is a natural sugar found in the body that’s essential for skin health. As we age, our bodies lose their natural stores of it, which leads to increased skin dehydration and inflammation.
- Heparan sulfate analog (HSA) is a stable compound with a lower molecular weight than naturally occurring heparan sulfate, which is too large to penetrate the skin when applied topically. Senté’s patented HSA effectively delivers the active ingredient into the skin where it works to prevent transepidermal water loss and support collagen and elastin fibers.
- Retinol is a gentler relative of tretinoin, the active ingredient in prescription-only Retin-A. It delivers similar results, with fewer side effects. Bio Complete Serum is formulated to be gentle enough for sensitive skin and first-time retinol users. If your skin tolerates the ingredient, Intensive Bio Complete Cream offers a higher concentration.
- In a clinical study, 88% of subjects showed improved skin smoothness and reduction of fine lines.
Apply at night to clean skin, avoiding your eye area.
When introducing retinol into your routine, it’s best to start slowly, since retinol may cause dryness, redness, and flaking. To avoid irritation, begin using Intensive Bio Complete Serum once or twice a week and gradually increase use to every other night and then nightly as your skin builds a tolerance.
To further prevent irritation, follow application with a nourishing moisturizer like Senté Ultralight Defense Moisturizer, which counteracts dryness and can help strengthen your skin barrier.
Avoid exfoliants or peels when using a retinol product—skin will be sensitized, and harsh ingredients like acids and scrubs can cause further irritation.
Retinol can increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun, so wear a broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 daily, to protect your skin.
Full ingredients list:
Heparan sulfate analog (HSA): HSA has been shown to promote the formation of healthy skin structure and optimal cell function, for firmer, more elastic, stronger skin. It has also been shown to expand the skin’s ability to hold water, for enhanced hydration and a reduction in transepidermal water loss. This low-molecular-weight variation of heparan sulfate was developed to be easily absorbed into the skin, for maximum penetration.
Retinol 0.15% and retinyl safflowerate: derivatives of vitamin A that help speed up skin healing and boost natural cell regeneration processes, to reveal fresh, new skin.
Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-12 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Glycerin, Heparan Sulfate, Pentylene Glycol, Retinyl Safﬂowerate, Retinol, Lysophosphatidic Acid, Myristoyl Nonapeptide-3, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Ethyl Safﬂowerate, Ethyl Flaxseedate, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Allantoin, Panthenol, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Alanine, Arginine HCl, Asparagine, Aspartic Acid, Cystine, Glutamic Acid, Glutamine, Histidine HCl, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine HCl, Acetyl Methionine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Tyrosine, Valine, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Inositol, Niacinamide, Pyridoxal HCl, Riboﬂavin, Thiamine HCl, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Phosphate, Beta-Carotene, Polysorbate 80, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Fragrance, Tromethamine.